The CN Tower, one of the most recognizable landmarks in Canada, is an essential stop for anyone visiting Toronto. Standing at an impressive 1,815 feet, it was the world’s tallest free-standing structure for over three decades. This article will provide you with everything you need to know for planning a visit to the CN Tower and enjoying the breathtaking views of Toronto from above.
About the CN Tower
Completed in 1976, the CN Tower is an architectural marvel and an iconic symbol of Toronto’s skyline. The tower is primarily used for telecommunications, but it also serves as a major tourist attraction, offering visitors unparalleled views of the city and the opportunity to experience unique attractions like the glass floor and the EdgeWalk.
Top Attractions at the CN Tower
- Lookout Level: Take the high-speed elevator to the Lookout Level, located at 1,136 feet, for breathtaking panoramic views of Toronto and the surrounding area. On a clear day, you can even see Niagara Falls in the distance.
- Glass Floor and Outdoor SkyTerrace: Step onto the glass floor at 1,122 feet above the ground and test your courage as you look straight down to the streets below. The outdoor SkyTerrace offers an open-air viewing experience with stunning vistas of the city.
- SkyPod: For an even higher vantage point, ascend to the SkyPod at 1,465 feet. It’s one of the highest observation platforms in the world, providing a unique perspective of Toronto and the surrounding region.
- EdgeWalk: For thrill-seekers, the EdgeWalk is a must-try. This adrenaline-pumping experience allows you to walk hands-free along the edge of the tower’s main pod, while safely harnessed 1,168 feet above the ground.
- 360 The Restaurant: Enjoy a fine dining experience with a rotating view at 360 The Restaurant. The restaurant revolves once every 72 minutes, providing guests with a constantly changing panorama of Toronto as they dine.
The CN Tower is located at 290 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, within walking distance from the city’s downtown core and numerous attractions, such as the Rogers Centre and Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada. The tower is open daily, with hours varying by season. For the most up-to-date information on hours, admission fees, and special events, visit the CN Tower website.
Tips for Visiting
- Purchase tickets online in advance to avoid long lines and secure a time slot for your visit.
- Visit during off-peak hours or weekdays to enjoy a less crowded experience.
- Dress in layers, as the temperature and wind conditions can change quickly at higher altitudes.
- If you’re planning to dine at 360 The Restaurant, make a reservation well in advance, as it is a popular dining destination.